This session aims to bring together scientists working on the sedimentary processes associated with the development of modern and ancient carbonate platform systems.
We particularly invite contributions that give new insights into:
- The effects of external parameters on carbonate depositional systems.
- Internal feedback mechanisms as a role of influencing carbonate sedimentation.
- Quantitative estimates of carbonate sediment production and accumulation rates.
- Carbonate platform development in mixed carbonate-evaporite and carbonate-siliciclastic settings.
- Carbonate sedimentation is stressed environments.