This session is intended to provide an interdisciplinary forum to bring together researchers working in the areas of high-latitude tropospheric meteorology, climate, and chemistry with an emphasis on the role of boundary layer processes.
We invite contributions in the following areas:
- Results from recent field programs
- Research that bridges atmospheric chemistry, climate and meteorology in the polar regions
- Advances in modeling and reanalysis, including model assessment
- Long-term changes in surface processes including snow-ice/atmosphere chemical exchange
- Observation and modeling of surface energy budgets
- Coastal change
- Application of new technology.
In past years we have requested a schedule where poster sessions follow oral sessions to allow for oral poster introductions. For those who indicate a "no preference" request for the presentation style, we encourage a poster supplement to allow for further discussion. We would like to encourage young scientist/student presentations by reserving one oral unit per session for such papers.