GMPV10/G3.11/NH2.7/TS1.8Volcano deformation, dynamics, and deep structure (co-organized)
|Convener: Valerio Acocella | Co-Conveners: Agust Gudmundsson , Giuseppe Puglisi , Sigurjon Jonsson , Thomas R. Walter|
The session on “volcano deformation, dynamics and deep structure” deals with any type of deformation (such as that induced by tectonic forces, magma or gravity), at any scale, in subaerial and submarine volcanic areas, at the surface and at depth. Its aim is to recognize how volcanoes deform, to understand their dynamics, with particular care in evaluating the involved hazard.
We welcome any contribution based on results from fieldwork, remote-sensing studies, geophysical and geodetical measurements, and analytical, analogue, and numerical models.
The session includes, but is not restricted to, the following topics:
* volcanism and regional tectonics;
* formation of magma chambers, laccoliths, and other intrusions;
* dyke propagation, emplacement and arrest;
* earthquakes and eruptions;
* caldera collapse, resurgence and unrest;
* sector collapse of volcanoes;
* volcano deformation and hazard mitigation.