PS7.1Spectroscopy and radiative transfer in Planetary atmospheres
|Convener: Javier Martín-Torres | Co-Conveners: Jean-Marie Flaud , Vijay Natraj|
This session will cover experimental and theoretical works on spectroscopy and radiative transfer. Papers are solicited on results of observational, experimental, theoretical and modeling studies in the Spectroscopy, Retrieval Techniques and Radiative Transfer areas applied to the characterization of planetary atmospheres.
The purpose of the session is to provide the opportunity to scientists working in the fields of spectroscopy, retrieval and radiative transfer modeling to exchange their mutual interests and needs. Examples of welcome contributions are:
- spectroscopic laboratory measurements and techniques
- theoretical spectroscopic studies
- radiative transfer modeling algorithms and methods
- validation of radiative transfer techniques
- specific techiques for spectral information from planetary atmospheres,
- general spectroscopic and radiative results with implications for
- the characterization of solar system and extrasolar planetary spectra.