SM3.1Seismic Imaging of the Earth's Interior: Theoretical and Methodological Achievements in Seismic imaging
|Convener: Edi Kissling | Co-Conveners: Jean-Xavier Dessa , Ivan Koulakov , Stefan Buske|
This session aims to discuss practical aspects of seismic tomography applied on different scales (from first km to the global scale) using both passive and active seismic data. Mainly this symposia will cover theoretical and methodological achievements in seismic imaging and tomographic inversion. Discussions on hot problems are encouraged. Problems such as:
1) ray theory, finite frequency approaches?
2) verification, resolution assessment, uncertainty analysis, benchmarking;
3) combination of different data;
4) 2D and 3D pre-stack depth migration;
5) experimental design and the evolution of acquisition systems;
6) presenting new codes and algorithms for tomographic inversion and seismic imaging.