ERE2.2Site Characterization for CO2 Geological Storage Sites
|Convener: A. Niemi | Co-Conveners: M. Sauter , M. Dentz , M. Kühn|
This session addresses the issue of site characterization of geological formations for storage of CO2. Presentations are invited to cover the various aspects associated with that, including advances in process understanding and development of related measurement techniques, role of modelling in assessing the evolution of the site and effect of spatial variability.
Issues of importance include:
* Regional and local characterization of storage formations and their behavior during CO2 injection and storage
* Identification and determination of key site parameters for CO2 storage, such as parameters for trapping
* Characterization of the cap-rock and its properties
Suitable contributions can address, but are not limited to
* Field testing and experimental approaches aimed at characterizing the site, its key characteristics and the behavior of the injected CO2
* Modeling studies for the purpose of characterizing the site for CO2 injection
Both case studies from specific sites as well as more generic studies addressing the fundamental issues aiding site characterization process are welcomed.