ERE2.3Modelling and upscaling of CO2 storage sites
|Convener: Holger Class | Co-Conveners: Thomas Kempka , Auli Niemi , Marco Dentz , Jesús Carrera|
Modelling of CO2 storage sites is required for the efficient and secure operation as well as the assessment of site-specific risks. This session aims at the discussion of CO2 storage site modelling considering:
• Implementation of static geological/structural models.
• Determination of the relevant model scales depending on the simulated scenario (plume evolution, pressure propagation, brine displacement, etc.).
• Model and parameter upscaling techniques for multi-phase CO2 flow problems (also related to geochemistry and geomechanics).
• Development and/or employment of (semi-)analytical and numerical modelling tools.
• Model coupling addressing the interaction of thermal, multi-phase flow, geochemical and geomechanical processes.
• Methods for risk assessment.
• Tools for operational support.
• Benchmarks of models against operational site data and laboratory data.