ESSI2.8Earth science on Cloud, HPC and Grid
|Convener: Horst Schwichtenberg | Co-Conveners: Paolo Mazzetti , Monique Petitdidier|
This ´traditional´ session aims at highlighting Earth Science research targeting or concerned with state of the art computational and data infrastructures such as HPC (Supercomputers), Grids, Clouds and accelerator-based systems (GPGPU, FPGA).
This year we will focus also on data intensive applications and distributed workflows between the different infrastructures esp. community specific datacenters, HPC and Grid infrastructure.
The session presents an opportunity for everyone to present and learn from results achieved, success stories and experience gathered during the process of study, adaption and exploitation of these systems.
Also contributions are welcome that showcase middleware and tools developed to support Earth science applications on HPC systems, Grid and Cloud infrastructures, e.g. to increase effectivity, robustness, or ease of use.
Topics of interest thus include:
- Data intensive Earth Science applications
- Experience with Earth Science data and applications in Cloud environments e.g. solutions on Amazon EC2, Microsoft Azure, Earth Science simulation codes runing on Cloud Infrastructures or Platforms.
- Earth Science applications executed on "traditional" Grid Infrastructures.
- Tools and Middleware for Earth Science applications on Grid, Cloud and on High Performance Computing infrastructures.
- Tools and services for Earth Science data management, workflow execution, web services and portals to ease access to compute resources.
- How the current development of the platforms and middleware relate to the requirements of Earth Science researchers and applications?
This session offers a unique opportunity to bridge the Cloud, Grid, HPC and Geoscience communities.
Jean-Pierre Violette, VERCE – Projekt
|Public information:||Please, visit us at European Grid Infrastructure (EGI) stand in the first floor at G07|