ERE5.2Field methods and analysis of field data for CO2 geological storage
|Convener: Auli Niemi | Co-Conveners: Jesús Carrera , Sonja Martens , Stefan Lüth|
This session addresses the issue of field testing methods and analysis of field data, as part of site characterization and monitoring of CO2 storage sites. Presentations are invited to cover various aspects to field testing, including advances in measurement techniques and their application, advances in associated process understanding, role of modelling in assessing the characteristics of the site and its spatial variability.
Issues of importance include:
• Regional and local characterization of storage formations and their behaviour during CO2 injection and storage.
• Identification and determination of key site parameters for CO2 storage, such as parameter for trapping.
• Characterization of the cap-rock and its properties.
Suitable contributions can address, but are not limited to:
• Field testing and experimental approaches aimed at characterizing the site, its key characteristics and the behaviour of the injected CO2.
• Modelling studies for test design and analyses.
Both case studies from specific sites as well as more generic studies addressing the fundamental issues of testing methodology and associated data interpretation are welcome.