SC19/TS10.1How to write a successful ERC Starting Grant proposal (co-organized)
|Convener: Susanne Buiter | Co-Convener: Charlotte Fillon|
Wed, 15 Apr, 15:30–17:00
This workshop provides background and tips for Early Career Researchers planning to apply for an ERC Starting Grant (soon or in the near future). An ERC Executive Agency member, two ERC starting grant winners, and a review panel member will share their experiences in the ERC programme, proposal writing, interviewing and reviewing.
(1) Opening statement by ERC vice-president Sierd Cloetingh
(2) Introduction to the ERC Starting Grant programme by ERC Executive Agency member Claudia Jesus-Rydin addressing questions as: What type of proposals does ERC seek? Which stage of career to apply? What are new developments?
(3) Experiences from past ERC starting grant winners:
* Boris Kaus from the University of Mainz, Germany, winner of an ERC starting grant in 2010 for "Mechanics Of Deformation of the Earth’s Lithosphere (MODEL)"
* Andre Niemeijer from the University of Utrecht, the Netherlands, winner of an ERC starting grant in 2013 for "Slip and Earthquake Nucleation in Experimental and Numerical Simulations (SEISMIC)"
(4) Tips from past PE10 review panel member Fabrizio Storti
(5) Time for Q&A