MediaWater, climate and health (co-organized) | PICO
|Convener: Hwa-Lung Yu | Co-Conveners: Alin Andrei Carsteanu , Andreas Langousis , Alexander Kolovos , José M. Angulo|
/ Mon, 18 Apr, 10:30–12:00
This session is designed to explore the impacts of the hydro-climatic system and its changes on population health. This session welcomes the contributions which address the following important issues:
1. Complex inter-linkages of hydrological conditions and population health, including extreme weather events, surface and subsurface water resources, surface temperatures, water- and food-borne illnesses, vector- and rodent-borne diseases, food and water shortages.
2. Quantitative assessments of hydrologic extremes and water-related natural disasters.
3. Relationships between precipitation, surface and subsurface water resources, flooding, droughts, water quality and the effects on human and ecological health.
4. Assessment of the impact of climate change and climate variability on hydrological conditions and water resources and their associated human and ecological health impacts.
5. Modelling tools for organizing integrated solutions to climate-water-health problems.
6. Characterizing and modelling disease spread patterns and their relationships with climatic, weather, and hydrological conditions.
7. Current data and information bases on water resources and climate conditions and variations over a wide range of space-time scales, and health impacts.