ESSI3.2Earth science on Cloud, HPC and Grid | PICO
|Convener: Horst Schwichtenberg | Co-Conveners: Sébastien Denvil , Wim Som de Cerff , Monique Petitdidier|
/ Tue, 25 Apr, 08:30–10:00
This ´traditional´ session aims at highlighting Earth Science research targeting or concerned with state of the art computational and data infrastructures such as HPC (Supercomputers), Grids, Clouds and accelerator-based systems (GPGPU, FPGA). Nowadays we are also interessted in applications using machine/deep learning methods.
The session presents an opportunity for everyone to present and learn from results achieved, success stories and experience gathered during the process of study, adaptation and exploitation of these systems.
In addition, contributions are welcome that showcase middleware and tools developed to support Earth science applications on HPC systems, Grid and Cloud infrastructures, e.g. to increase effectivity, robustness, or ease of use.
Topics of interest thus include:
- Data intensive Earth Science applications and how they have been adapted to different HPC infrastructures
- Data mining software stacks to deal with large environmental data
- Combination of Data mining and HPC simulation
- Experience with Earth Science data and applications in Cloud environments e.g. solutions on Amazon EC2, Microsoft Azure, and Earth Science simulation codes running on Cloud Infrastructures or Platforms.
- Earth Science applications executed on "traditional" Grid Infrastructures, HPC and data-oriented architectures (e.g. Hadoop).
- Tools and services for Earth Science data management, workflow execution, web services and portals to ease access to compute resources.
- Tools and Middleware for Earth Science applications on Grid, Cloud and on High Performance Computing infrastructures.
- How the current development of the platforms and middleware relate to the requirements of Earth Science researchers and applications?
This session offers a unique opportunity to bridge the Cloud, Grid, HPC, Data-mining and Geoscience communities
Invited Speakers: will be announced soon