SM4.02Imaging and inversion to explore the Earth’s crust
|Convener: Cedric Schmelzbach | Co-Conveners: Stefan Buske , Michal Malinowski , CharLotte Krawczyk , Florian Bleibinhaus , Lars Nielsen , Hansruedi Maurer|
This session will cover applied and methodological aspects of geophysical imaging and joint inversion using both active and passive seismic measurements as well as other geophysical techniques such as gravimetry, magnetic and electromagnetic surveying to investigate the Earth’s crust, including near-surface strata. We invite papers on developments, theoretical aspects and applications of imaging and inversion techniques. Studies crossing scales and disciplines are particularly welcome.
Among others, the session could consist of the following previewed subgroups:
- Active-source and passive-source imaging using body- and surface-waves;
- Full waveform inversion developments and applications;
- New developments and case studies in 2D and 3D active-source imaging;
- Interferometry and Marchenko imaging;
- Seismic attenuation and anisotropy;
- Developments and applications of multi-scale and multi-parameter inversion;
- Joint inversion of seismic and complementary geophysical data;
- Applications of new acquisition systems;
- Near-surface imaging.