Curious about what scientific neo-colonialism is? Want to know more about this topic and how it relates to your own geoscience research?
Please join us for to learn more about what scientific neo-colonialism looks like in geosciences, hear from researchers from the Global South and discuss ways in which to make our discipline more inclusive, equitable and better.
We are delighted to include a panel discussion with:
- Elinor Meredith and Susanna Jenkins, Volcanic Hazards and Risk Group, Earth Observatory of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University, who will speak about their paper on volcano research authorship: https://www.jvolcanica.org/ojs/index.php/volcanica/article/view/173
- Barbara Evrens, CNRS, Institute of Chemistry, University Clermont Auvergne, France, and chair of the EGU Publications Committee, who will speak about the role of EGU publications in combating neo-colonialism.
- Elinor Meredith, NTU, Singapore
- Susanna Jenkins, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Barbara Ervens, Université Clermont Auvergne, France