ASI12Phenology and Agrometeorology
|Convener: E. Koch | Co-Convener: J. Eitzinger|
Forecasting the weather - ensemble techniques in probabilistic weather prediction is the focal theme of this conference. In order to use ensemble forecast products in agrometeorology and phenology the impact of weather and climate on crops and on the phenology of fauna & flora in general must be quantified. In this session special attention will be paid on the feedback between weather, climate and phenology as well as agricultural production.
Presentations are invited in following areas:
• Agrometeorological and phenological modeling (e.g. modeling/parameterisation of meteorologically induced diseases, frost protection warning methods, end-user-software developed for agrometeorological purposes, phenological models of different development stages..)
• Weather and climatic extremes and their impact on agriculture and phenology
• (New) methods of measurements and observations (e.g. ground based measurements and observations, remote sensed data, combination of both..), using of GIS for spatial interpolation
• Use of phenological information in crop models, pollen studies, ..
• Climate change impacts on agriculture and phenology: observed and predicted
• Phenological and agrometeorological networks