SE6/CE9Evaluation and quality assurance of climate services – Methods, criteria and pitfalls (co-organized)
|Convener: Insa Meinke | Co-Conveners: Irene Fischer-Bruns , Klaus Grosfeld|
/ Tue, 13 Sep, 17:00–19:00 / Room Oceania C
In this session we invite contributions on the evaluation of climate service practices and related information products:
- How can the success of climate services and related products be evaluated?
- How should quality and ethical standards be considered in various regional contexts?
- How can quality of information for decision making be assured?
- What are possible criteria and methods related to such evaluation processes?
- Which kind of evaluation has worked well and why?
- Where are the pitfalls and possible misinterpretations?
Other leading questions may focus on the evaluation of particular communication formats like e.g. climate service networks, public events, transdisciplinary stakeholder dialogues, tailored information formats, capacity building and direct inquiries to climate service institutions.
Our focus in this session is mainly on a)climate services and related products, b)decision relevant information on multi-decadal timescales and c)adaptation measures and risk governance. However, examples regarding seasonal to decadal time scales are also welcome.