PSD4.13SSS7.3 - Where does all the Pyrogenic Organic Matter go? Its Fate in Soils, Water and Sediments
|Convener: C. Santin | Co-Convener: S. Doerr|
/ Wed, 25 Apr, 14:30–15:15 / Room 35
In this Poster Summary & Discussion session, a selection of ten ‘high-quality’ posters will be presented by the authors. Afterwards, all the participants are encouraged to participate in a general discussion led by Prof. Doerr.
This session will be on Wednesday 25th (14.30-15.15h), following our oral session (8.30-12.00) and before the poster session (17.30-19.00h).
The posters presented are the following:
- The sequestration sink of soot black carbon in the Northern European Shelf sediments.
Authors: L. Sánchez-García, I. Cato, and Ö. Gustafsson
- Soil total and charcoal carbon from mountain shrublands to subalpine forests in the Colorado Front Range. Authors: C Licata and R Sanford
- Century scale char and non-char C co-stabilization in soil free C fractions
Authors: N.A. Vasilyeva and C. Chenu
- Influence of the forming conditions on Black Carbon properties
Authors: L.N. Soucemarianadin, M.D. MacKenzie, R.E. Wasylishen, and S.A. Quideau
- Mechanisms of biochar stability and functionality
Authors: T. Maxfield
- The aromatic domains in charcoal are small: Implications for the fate and transport of pyrogenic carbon
Authors:W.C Hockaday and C.A Masiello
- Changes in biogeochemistry of pyrogenic carbon in soil after one year
Authors: N. Singh, S. Abiven, B. Maestrini, J.A. Bird, E.L. Eoin, M.S. Torn, and M.W.I. Schmidt
- Pyrogenic carbon loss pathways under natural and increased N deposition and its priming effect on soil organic matter
Authors: B. Maestrini, S Abiven, N Singh, J. Bird, M. S. Torn, and M.W.I. Schmidt
- Prescribed burning as a natural, long-term experiment in biochar addition - Can prescribed burns contribute to carbon storage in peat soils?
Authors:F. Worrall and GD Clay (to be confirmed)
- Effects of wildfire on soil organic carbon export by runoff in Central Portugal
Authors: M.E. Varela, S.R. Faria, I. Campos, M.M.P.F. Caria, R.S.V. Ferreira, A.I. Machado, M.A.S. Martins, R. Pinto, S.A. Prats, V.I. Esteves, and J.J. Keizer
|Public information:||In this Poster Summary & Discussion session, a selection of ten ‘high-quality’ posters will be presented by the authors. Afterwards, all the participants are encouraged to participate in a general discussion led by Prof. Doerr.|