This interdisciplinary session invites contributions from various geoscience disciplines which collect, interpret, or use data on the Earth's thermal state for different types of studies. The session will address the following topics:
1. Temperature in crust and upper mantle of continents and oceans;
2. Heat production in rocks and geochemical implications;
3. Major advances in the determination and interpretation of terrestrial heat flow;
4. Geoneutrino in heat-flow studies;
5. Subglacial heat flow and the fate of large ice sheets,
6. Mineral exploration and geothermal energy.