SM7.01Advances in Computational Seismology (including SM Division Outstanding ECS Lecture)
|Convener: Ebru Bozdag | Co-Conveners: Christian Boehm , Andreas Fichtner|
This session aims to address the current status and future directions in computational seismology, discuss the scientific outcomes of high-performance forward and inverse simulations as well as the new developments in theory, numerical solvers and HPC systems to better harness the computational resources.
We encourage contributions from seismic modelling across the scales parallel to advancements in high-performance computing highlighting, but not limited to,
- seismic codes on emerging CPU/GPU architectures,
- advancements in forward modelling solvers and numerical techniques,
- large-scale workflows on HPC systems and their automatisation,
- big data (seismic & computational) problems,
- optimisation strategies,
- full-waveform inversion from local to global scales,
- seismological results of HPC applications from passive (earthquakes and noise) and active seismic sources,
- uncertainty analysis for large-scale imaging,
- parallel visualisation, etc.