By analyzing the seismicity in the new time domain termed natural time , the entropy changes of seismicity before major earthquakes have been studied. It was found [2-5] that the key quantity is the entropy change ΔS under time reversal, which is minimized a few months before major earthquakes such as the M9.0 Tohoku earthquake  on 11 March 2011 and the M8.2 Chiapas earthquake  in Mexico on 7 September 2017; accompanied by an abrupt increase of its fluctuations [4,5]. Here we discuss how these fluctuations may lead to a procedure through which the occurrence time of an impending mainshock can be estimated .
1. Varotsos P.A., Sarlis N.V. and Skordas E.S., Natural Time Analysis: The new view of time. Precursory Seismic Electric Signals, Earthquakes and other Complex Time-Series (Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg) 2011.
2. N. V. Sarlis, E. S. Skordas, and P. A. Varotsos, "A remarkable change of the entropy of seismicity in natural time under time reversal before the super-giant M9 Tohoku earthquake on 11 March 2011", EPL (Europhysics Letters), 124 (2018), 29001.
3. N. V. Sarlis, E. S. Skordas P. A. Varotsos, A. Ramírez-Rojas, E. L. Flores-Márquez, "Natural time analysis: On the deadly Mexico M8.2 earthquake on 7 September 2017", Physica A 506 (2018), 625-634.
4. P. A. Varotsos, N. V. Sarlis and E. S. Skordas, "Tsallis Entropy Index q and the Complexity Measure of Seismicity in Natural Time under Time Reversal before the M9 Tohoku Earthquake in 2011", Entropy 20 (2018), 757.
5. A. Ramírez-Rojas, E. L. Flores-Márquez, N. V. Sarlis and P. A. Varotsos, "The Complexity Measures Associated with the Fluctuations of the Entropy in Natural Time before the Deadly México M8.2 Earthquake on 7 September 2017", Entropy 20 (2018), 477.
6. E. S. Skordas, N. V. Sarlis and P. A. Varotsos “Identifying the occurrence time of an impending major earthquake by means of the fluctuations of the entropy change under time reversal”, EPL (Europhysics Letters), in press.